Snohomish County Real Estate Market Report for January 2018
Snohomish County Real Estate Market Trends - January 2018
The 2018 real estate market is picking up right where it left off - extremely hot. Now is a better time than ever to sell your home.
Similar to past months, here's what we're seeing when comparing January 2018 to January 2017:
- A 12% increase in home values. This time last year, they were sitting at 418,000, and now they've made the jump all the way to 471,000 - not a bad increase for homeowners, right? A few months ago we addressed the question of whether or not the housing market is in a bubble. See our answers here, and why we believe the market is doing just fine.
- Months of inventory remains low - 1.2 months this month, compared to 1.6 months at this time last year.
- Home's are selling ridiculously fast! We're into single digits now - just 9 days, compared to 13 last year.
The Right Strategy to Sell Your Home in 2018
There's never been a better time to sell your home than right now. With the high demand for houses right now, an experienced agent can definitely help you get that extra value. Here's three experiences we had with that recently:
- House listed at 575k, sold at 629k
- House listed at 250k, sold at 287k
- House listed at 600k, sold at 620k.
These types of gains over listing price are incredible, but actually more achievable than you might think. With the right strategies for selling your Snohomish County home, you'll likely see similar gains. For example, we've had great results using home staging, one of the many tools experienced agents use to make this happen.
For you buyers out there, we also made a video this month on how to successfully buy a home when market inventory is low. There are still great opportunities out there, and an effective agent will help you find the right home and take you through to closing.
Get in touch below, we'd love to help you out in your home buying or selling process.